Sunday, February 15, 2009
a 25 Things list
25 Things List, I got a post from a friend that wondered what my 25 things about me list should say.
1) I am very proud of my family. Wife of 20+ years Barbara, daughters Maggie and Addie.
2) I enjoy being a volunteer – I like to help people.
3) I volunteer at Hospice of Northwestern Ohio, mainly for transportation.
4) I volunteer for Mobile Meals of Northwestern Ohio
5) I am an active member of my church: St. Stephen’s Lutheran in Sylvania, Ohio.
6) I am an email junkie, subscribing to many email newsletters, sale notifications, and other lists.
7) I have an extensive “cop of morning coffee” links on my Firefox page. This includes links to Green Bay Press Gazette, WOOT, Giveaway of the Day, and Twitter.
8) I am a member of Linked In with over 500 contacts. http://www.linkedin.com/in/dldavispmp
9) I am an avid user of Mindjet Mind mapping software and have been highlighted in their newsletters. http://www.mindjet.com/resources/reading/connections/article.aspx?NewsletterArticleID=417
10) I frequently present at Project Management Conferences.
11) I think I have a good sense of humor and try to interject wit and levity in all that I do. Life is too short to take too seriously.
12) I like telling stories and am a member of the Ohio Order for the Preservation of Storytelling http://www.oopstorytelling.org/directory.htm#D and the Frogtown Storytellers of Toledo, Ohio: http://frogtownstorytellers.googlepages.com/home
13) I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, my younger sister Judy passed from breast cancer in 2005. http://thoughtsofapm.blogspot.com/2005/12/good-big-brother.html
14) I enjoy lots of different types of music, but my favorite (outside of Christmas) would be folk and easy listening. I like Harry Chapin, Gordon Lightfoot, The Kingston Trio, Canadian Brass, Buddy Wasisname and the Oter Fellers, Meatloaf, and the Blues Brothers.
15) I am an official Christmas expert, portraying Santa Claus (www.christmas-lore.com). I consider myself somewhat of an authority on the holiday, it’s customs, its music, and its stories.
16) I am full of useless information – I know a lot of trivial things about a lot of different things.
17) I desire a portfolio career in the near future. I plan on accepting 2-4 month contract assignments around the world. Live in that local for a short time to get to know it, return to home base, take a few weeks off (all of mid November – Mid January) and then take on a new contract.
18) I like history and model many of my original history against actual events.
19) I want to learn more about my heritage and gemology.
20) I often times spread myself too thin and try to do too many things at once.
21) I enjoy creating on the PC. This includes desktop publishing things, web sites, homemade videos/DVDs, and writing.
22) I wish I was more open in social situations. I am very comfortable as a public speaker, but very shy when it comes to one-on-one small talk.
23) I enjoy watching Canadian Television and went to tapings of the Red Green Show in Toronto.
24) I am an avid train fanatic. I enjoy toy trains and real trains and have ridden cross country in a sleep cabin and also short joints in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
25) I enjoy alone time – it helps me think, reminisce, plan, fantasize, theorize, and just do nothingize.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]